Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas and thanks for reading!!

This will by no means catch us up on what's gone on, but I just wanted to say to you all, thanks for checking in! Merry Christmas to you all and I hope that you are spending some quality time with family and friends today. I need to get back to that myself, but first let me say thank you to everyone who we have visited so far on this trip, thanks to my family for being so supportive, thanks to all of you reading and trying to keep track of us. We have some of the most amazing people in our lives and I am reminded of it daily.

Just a few highlights from the last few weeks that I'll try to expand on in a future post...

I climbed Time Wave Zero (the big long 23 pitch climb) again with a girl named Joi and then we went on to climb the first eight pitches of Yankee Clipper (31 pitches or approx. 3100 ft in a day) . We climbed fast and simul climbed the majority of it (both of us climbing at the same time with the rope length and gear between us). I don't often climb with women, and I love it. Joi challenged me and impressed me more than I would have imagined. Keep an eye out for that girl, she is doing big things.

Jay and I climbed a multipitch route called Sendero del Diablo and I onsighted an 11c (pretty hard) but also had a bit of a urinary tract infection which made it interesting a little higher up... The last few days in Potrero I was OVER climbing. It was a new feeling for me.

We tried to do some Christmas shopping in Hidalgo, but it's just not a tourist town. We did our best and covered the immediate family at the Pharmacy and the Remata.

My friend Phil never showed up and so we left him a present with Joi's boyfriend Pete, who will be in Patagonia the same time we will.

Getting out of Mexico was smooth but the highway wasn't.

We found a Chiminea for Jay's parents for Christmas.

We stopped at my Aunt Marcy's and spent the night in Tucson and Brutus got to hang out with all the cats. He entertains us to no end. Marcy was great and we were lucky enough to thank her again and explain to her in person why the Rialta is SO PERFECT!

We woke up my friend Don really early on Saturday morning and made breakfast at his place in Phoenix. It's always good to hug Don.

OK, I must go walk the dogs. I am missing a lot of you right now. It's good to be at Jay's parents house, but I wish our families all lived closer and I could see everyone today. I don't know if the Bartalon Christmas Eve party happened last night, but I was thinking about you all.

Congratulations Blake and Emily!!! ;)

Peace and Love to you all!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home