Sunday, October 28, 2007

In the Red!

And that's a good thing! I've already ran into a Canadian guy that I met in Thailand last year. The climbing world is a small and often intimate place. Hopefully my friend Jean will be here soon too. I haven't climbed with her all year, and I miss it. We left Friday night right after Hannah's birthday party and slept at a rest stop just past Cinci. Went straight to Roadside crag and did only three routes before my forearms couldn't take anymore. We got up a 10d the first day after almost three weeks of gluttony in Ohio, so I set the goal of leading 11c before I leave here.

Miguel's is a happening place and the reasonable rate of $2/night for camping hasn't gone up since May of 2000 when I was here last. There are probably about 150 or more climbers here (but this is the weekend). They have an outdoor cooking/eating area as well as a new cozy indoor basement eating area for the restaurant. And, get this, wireless! Maybe I'll do a better job of keeping this blog up to date? They even have a community computer (free) in the main shop. They have a lot of climbing gear for sale and clothes as well as Miguel's paraphernalia. This place is really a climber's paradise in KY! We met some fun people yesterday and hope to climb with some of them again today.

People LOVE the Rialta. It's funny. We get questions about it all the time and inquiries about taking a tour. It really is the perfect size for the three of us and is treating us well. Although it was nice to have space and hot showers everyday in Ohio, it's good to be back "home".

The acey duecy score is now Jason 5, Torey 4.

1 Comments:

Blogger hulakel said...

love it...what an adventure...but I am soooo upset...no mention of Hawaii or yours truly in the memories of 2007...what did I do wrong?;)
keep good! call when you can...
love to the boys...
kel

October 28, 2007 at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home