Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surgery!

I have made it out of my Percocet haze and back to the blog. I was thinking of ending this thing, being that I am not longer adventurous and touring the world, but maybe I will keep you all up to speed on the recovery. It seems that some of you are still reading.

Last Thursday the 24th I had an outpatient surgery to repair my right biceps tendon. It had torn at the musculotendinous junction and best guess I have is that the rope actually cut it when I fell. Yeah, sorry, a little too graphic for some maybe. Up until a few years ago this injury would not have even been repaired (so my research and my doc tell me) because the did not have the technology to do it. Tomorrow I will see the pictures of what he actually did last week. He described it as making a sushi roll with my muscle as the rice and this synthetic sport mesh as the seaweed paper. It's not hurting nearly as bad as it did 5 days after the initial injury, so I'm happy. I'm hoping that I'm in good enough shape to heal up fast and be back to my chin up pyramids by Christmas.

We've been staying at my friend Dave's place in Denver and can walk to the river and downtown pretty easily. I was offered my job again in Three Rivers and Jay has had some promising interviews in the area, so we are looking forward to settling down with a little stability soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Daniel and Bekah Moor said...

Good to hear the surgery went well! Comin' back to V-town for sure? Woohoo!

August 20, 2008 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So where does an email address like moocowdogwoof come from?

August 29, 2008 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Susan Purser said...

Hey Torey! Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear you had a fall but great you are on the mend. I found THE PIECE of paper today with your blog address. Thought Id see where you were now. Looks like you have had a wonderful trip. We are back in Bogota now and head home on Thursday to Ireland via loads of places. Will take us a while to get settled there. Do me a favor and post a pic of Brutus will ya. Love to see him. Keep the posts coming. Hope you get better soon. Bets of luck to both of yu Sue & Joe

August 30, 2008 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Torey - We've never met (hopefully that will change), but I'm glad to hear the surgery went well (one never knows what will happen when you go under the knife). The next time you and Jay come to Denver you should tell Jay to let either myself (Rick) or Mike know as we'd both love to meet you and meet up with Ivanic (It's been far too long since the last time I've talked to Jay - In fact it was before you two were married)!!! Golden's crags haven't gone anywhere, so let's get out and climb (Once you're all healed up of course)!!!!

Rick

thompsonrick25@gmail.com

August 30, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home