Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jason Ivanic is my favorite.

Here I am in the library in Tigard, OR (just outside Portland). We are catching up on emails and paying bills and things and soon I will be going to see Blake's brother and his family on their boat. Since they are four people, I do hope it is at least twice the size of the Rialta. Drew has always been a character so I am sure the evening will cocntain ample entertainment.

Yesterday we spent our last day climbing at Smith Rock and it was beautiful. After many windy, cloudy, near freezing days at Smith, we finally got a splitter weather day and we went with Theo and climbed Monkey Face. Monkey Face is a free standing tower that has a whole monkey head complete with mouth and ears at the top. We climbed two pitches of easy trad to a bolt ladder that took us into the cave which makes the mouth, and then Theo led the most exposed 5.7 sport pitch I've ever climbed. It ended with a 200 foot rappel most of which was free (out in the middle of the air). We then took showers (for the first time in too long) and headed to the all you can eat pizza buffet. We shared a pitcher and ate way too much food and then Jay and I went back for one last night in the Redmond Wal*Mart parking lot.

We discovered one great thing about Wal*Mart since my last post, and that is a recycling center. Right there in the Wal*Mart, not fifty feet from the RedBox! You feed the cans and/or bottles into the machines and then it issues you 5 cents each (can you believe there is no cent sign on my keyboard...?). So, you print the little ticket out and take it into the evil Wal*Mart and they give you cash to spend. Incredible. I can clean up the campground and make money doing it. And yes, I do realize that I am walking a fine line next to bag-ladyness.

I need to do more research on Wal*Mart. They sell some good products, things that are healthy and very inexpensive. I know Neil Sabol could probably convince me that it's ok to shop there, but I'd like a 500 word essay from him first. I need more information. I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

I should get out of here and go see Drew. We're headed to Squamish next and will probably be up there by tomorrow.

Oh, I almost forgot to expand upon my title. Sometimes when Jay and I are together all the time and we have no outer influences I beging to take for granted what an incredible partner and man he is. When others are around I am reminded of how fortunate I am. Not that when we have other people around I compare him to them, but more that I find myself being very proud of him and wanting to talk about him to them. It's refreshing. It's inspiring. We are having such a great time together and we are doing a good job of appreciating this year for everything that it is. So, he is my favorite human and of course, Brutus is my favorite animal. I am a lucky lucky (bag) lady.

Pics soon, I promise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gravity said...

Hi Torey

I like the 'Force of desperation' thing. I finally created a saying an that even in English. Hope to see u guys again.

Cheers Theo aka 'The Swiss'

June 12, 2008 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home