Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We sleep at Wal-Mart

We decided a rest day was in order after three days of climbing at Smith Rocks. It is beautiful here when it’s not raining. We’ve been lucky to get some sunny days and enough time on the rock for my right elbow to be making me worry a bit. Must preserve the tendons! So we came into town the day before yesterday and have been resting. We hit up Fred Meyer (which I hadn’t been to since college) and rented Charlie Wilson’s War from RedBox the first night. Yesterday we biked all over Redmond and even went to the matinee showing of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. It was fun—better than I would have expected. We bought some organic grass fed ground lamb from the farmer’s market and made pasta with meat sauce! It’s kind of fun being in town, but looking out at the Cascades makes me want to get into the mountains too. The Wal-Mart parking lot is a good deal because they basically encourage it. They think that vagrants will sleep in their parking lot and then come into the store and buy all kinds of crap. We are not who they want sleeping in their parking lot. We haven’t spent a dime, but we do use the restrooms and research digital cameras. I love the greeters. I think that if Wal-Mart changes its ways and makes me at all interested in working there when I’m old I’ll be a greeter. They are so sweet, how can you not want to spend all your hard earned money on plastic crap made in China when a friendly senior citizen greets you with a welcome when you come in the door.

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Fiore said...

When we get old can we live in nursing homes together and both be Walmart greeters? I think that would be awesome. I would get one of those blue vests and always have more buttons on mine than you.
Mol

June 3, 2008 at 2:31 PM  
Blogger suez said...

T, Meiers is the Ohio store, I think. I didn't think Frey Meyer was in OH.
Molly, see the movie, Office Space, funny and the badges in Jen Anniston's restaurnant are called "Flair."

June 8, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home