Friday, April 18, 2008

Oh, Mexico...



That’s right, James Taylor is running in my head non-stop. This is an incredible place. We are supposed to be surfing here, but it’s cold and windy and Brutus threw me down the steps and (I’m pretty sure) broke one of my ribs. He must be on Heidi’s team and not want me to get eaten by the sharks. Jay has been out a couple times now and I actually put my wetsuit on and paddled out once, but it was killing me and Brutus was chasing me, so I retreated. Aside from the non-surfing, this place is incredible! Actually, the beach we are on right now isn’t all that great, but the beach we were at for the last three nights was by far one of the most beautiful and secluded I’ve ever been to. We were at a place called Erendira. Yesterday we saw a humpback whale about 100 yards off the coast (so maybe 150 yards from the Rialta), then we went for a bike ride south down the coast and found an incredible little cove that was sheltered from the wind where we laid in the sun for hours. Aside from some dune buggies driving by, we didn’t see a single person all day. We went for a walk along the rocky volcanic coast and saw 5 seals playing in the water just off the rocks. I’m not sure if they were more interested in Brutus than he was in them, but luckily he did not jump into the water to play with them. As we got back to the Rialta and made up some black refried bean burritos on homemade flour tortillas, there were several dolphins just offshore. Aside from the temperature of the water, this is my ultimate beach paradise. Long white sand beaches, no people, sun, crashing waves, and the Brutus can run free all day long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home