Monday, January 14, 2008

This is it!

We leave for Patagonia in less than an hour. I have a few last minute things to do, but I haven't written in weeks and wanted to get one last word in before I depart. I'm excited and nervous and ready to be out of this country all at the same time. Jay has been up since 3 am making things (like a down comforter for base camp) for the trip. I spent four hours running last minute errands and made the final trip to REI. They made some major money off of us in the last few weeks!! Jay's parents are the best and I just finished a home cooked gourmet meal from Gwen, AND last night they took us to probably the best sushi restaurants I've ever been. They spoil us and make it hard to leave, but I think we're really off.

Over the last two weeks, aside from getting ready for tonight, we've spent some very quality time with some amazing people. I am more taken with my friendships every day! I had a great weekend at Mt Madonna and figured out who, exactly, is on my bus. These are things we should all think about once in a while. I was so glad that the girls made the long trip out and somehow I think the theme ended up being something to do with career changes and finding our ultimate purpose. A few days ago I got to catch my favorite baby's puke. Overall, I got VERY LITTLE exercise, and I ate a lot. Building up the reserves to burn off in Argentina. I had to say goodbye to my Brutus for the longest time in his little life and I can't think about it too much. :(

We did get a couple good climbs in in Yosemite, but I'm sure it'll be hard to transition into camping from the comfort we've been in. Don't worry about us, we'll be GREAT! Email if you need us, and I'll try to keep updating this if at all possible. We aren't bringing the computer, so it'll be hit or miss most likely! Oh-- and I put a bunch of photos on picasa... mom might be able to comment with the link? I don't have it right now.

Love you all! Adios!

1 Comments:

Blogger suez said...

and the link for photos is
picasaweb.google.com/torey.votaw

We love you and wish you the best time!
Mom and Bob

January 15, 2008 at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home