Friday, February 29, 2008

Tahoe de Argentina!

Quick update... we are in Bariloche which reminds me very much of Lake Tahoe. We´ve been climbing around the refugio de Frey for the past week and hiked down this morning just before the rain hit. It´s alpine climbing (not all that straight forward and a bit of a hike to most routes) but WAY less scary and committing than the Torre Valley. In fact, there is a lake in the valley and we swim on the days that we get down before the sun is behind clouds or mountains. It´s beautiful. I had some not so motivated days at first, but yesterday we climbed Aguja Principal and it was fantastic. We´re headind back up tomorrow and then will be at a place (near here) called Valle Encantado for a few more days of climbing before moving on.

There are too many chocolaterias in this town for anyone´s good. YUM YUM YUM!! And the steak, Dad, you´d be in heaven. Ten bucks for the biggest best steak you can imagine. Makes me want to go wake up Jay from his siesta and get to eating more. Oh, and the wine!!!!!1 Ten pesos (3 dollars) for an excellent bottle of wine. Bob, we are planning on heading to mendoza next. I won´t let you down. Missing my Brutus more everyday and having daydreams about sleeping in my bed (which I no longer own).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home