Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Free Masons, Homeopathy, and thoughts of Pakistan...

My friend Ryan is joining the Free Masons. Yesterday I had clam chowder for lunch and then not one, but TWO lobsters for dinner. As he put it so eloquently in a text to me when I was on my way here "Last time you brought me a wife, I'll get you as much lobster as you can friggin' eat!". We have been immersed in two days of decadence and it is probably time to move on or you might have to roll us out of here.

Ryan and his wife, my good friend, Michelle are doing well and about to have their first child. We went to the beach with Ryan yesterday (Plum Island) and forgot to bring the camera. We walked around Newburyport which brought back memories from my last visit 7 years ago when Ryan and Michelle first met. It'd be nice to have Erik here with us. This is a cool little area, and if you are ever close by I highly recommend checking it out. Lots of history, beauty, and charm.

Homeopathy has been a big topic of conversation and I am wishing I had brought more of my books. On that note-- if you are reading this and you know of anyone who might want homeopathic treatment, I am working a little from the Rialta! Anyone who might be interested can email me at torey.homeopath@gmail.com. I don't want this to be an infomercial blog, but there's one other thing...

The non-profit organization Girls Education International is trying to raise $14,000 by next spring to build a school for girls in Pakistan. Check out their website at http://www.girlsed.org/. And then, more importantly right now, please go to: http://www.changeeverything.ca/changesomething_finalists and vote for GEI so they can get $1000. That'd be great, thanks!!

On that note, we are thinking of changing Patagonia plans to another destination and now Pakistan has come into the picture. We're just beginning to think about it. Greenland and Peru are also on the potential hit list, so we're open to thoughts and Patagonia is still not ruled out.

We are LOVING this lifestyle. The last few days here have been pretty decadent (major lobster feast last night with champagne and oreo cake), but all in all good times with good friends. You know your friendship is true when you don't see each other for seven years and you get right back to the kind of comfort level where it's no big deal when you get back from the beach at midnight and brutus has brought lobster remains out of the trash and all over the kitchen and no one really even gets creased in the slightest. Michelle and Ryan are great. I can't wait to see how it goes with the little one that is soon going to be in this world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home